WELCOME TO CAPE TOWN TOURISM TRADE & MEDIA
This is the part of the website where you will find itinerary suggestions for various types of trips, story ideas, information on Cape Town, beautiful high-res images and videos and our latest destination and company news. This is also where you submit a request for a trade FAM trip and media hosting. Cape Town Tourism has dedicated PR and travel trade teams that are ready and keen to assist you with your queries.
NEWS FROM CAPE TOWN TOURISM
Cape Town Tourism and Cape Peninsula University of Technology, Tourism and Events Management (CPUT), have partnered to empower and uplift the tourism industry by cross-pollinating skills development between Small, Medium and Micro‐sized Enterprises (SMMEs) and students.
The pop of the cork is a welcoming and evocative sound wherever a celebration is taking place – birthdays, anniversaries, engagements, weddings, graduations, or promotions, or even just because it’s a Friday afternoon, are all reason enough to indulge in Champagne
Cape Town, 2017 — The Cape Winelands of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek are renowned for their beauty, history and award-winning wines.…
The 5-star Cellars-Hohenort hotel in Cape Town’s Constantia valley is currently undergoing a series of upgrades to many of its…
Fair Trade Tourism has launched a new membership programme for small tourism businesses that need support with their sustainability measures…
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS PRINT PRODUCTION OF THE OFFICIAL CAPE TOWN VISITORS GUIDE 2018 Released: 10 July 2017Second Release: 17 July…
Cape Town buzzes with thousands of international and domestic tourists from about November to April, with a particular visitor frenzy…
During WTM Africa last year, CTT connected two US journalists with Palesa Ngwenya from Maboneng Township Art Experience, one of…
STORY & ITINERARY IDEAS
Cape Town Tourism CEO, Enver Duminy, has a proven track record when it comes to championing transformation in the industry…
Increasingly travellers are wanting to immerse themselves in the culture of the places and spaces they visit. Cape Town’s variety…
Cape Town is one of the leading destinations in the world, and below are a selection of the awards and accolades that the city has received over the last couple of years:
- Greatest City in the World – Telegraph Travel Readers Award
- Top 10 surf cities in the world by Surfer Magazine
- Top city in Africa for business tourism events by the International Congress and Convention Association (5th year in a row)
- Fodor’s Go List 2017
- #2 – Best in Travel 2017 – Lonely Planet
- Western Cape voted Golf Destination of the Year, 2017 – Africa and Gulf States International Association of Golf Tour Operators.
- Conde Naste Readers’ Travel Awards 2016 for Best Overseas City for Restaurants & Bars
- Number One food city in the World – Condé Nast’s Reader’s Choice Awards
- Luxury City Destination of the Year – Travel Guide Africa & Middle East Awards 2016.